Gamification is exploding onto the scene in many different industries, and we at WunderTRE think it can benefit business owners when it comes to...read more
If you’ve been following some of our recent posts, you might have picked up on something called “branding” or “brand image,” and you might have assumed it refers to a logo created in PhotoShop and glued or embroidered to everything your company produces. Actually, there’s quite a bit more to it.
Let us introduce you to Brand Image 2.0!Consider that branding is not physical. Consider that it’s emotional. Consider that it’s mental. Consider that it’s the experience people have
As you begin to create your brand, you’ll want to get to know it first. What is your brand’s personality? Let’s even see your brand as a member of the family. What? Because social media is all about relationship, this sort of makes sense.
Consider what you’re serving (product),
(1) What is this product?
(2) Who wants it? Who needs it?
(3) Which delivery system(s) will you employ in the process?
(4) How will your brand accomplish this process? In fact, how can your brand accomplish it BETTER? For example, you could pattern your brand after what Amazon does, or you could do it better.
Three Elements in Making and Maintaining a Great Brand ImageThere are three elements to making and maintaining a great brand image. They involve designing the INTRODUCTION of your brand, crafting the experience of USING your products or
When someone visits your website for the first
Next, as your customers USE your products and services, how can you aid in their experience? What goes into making this use a good experience?
After the sale, the real work comes with maintaining these systems and experiences. The ONGOING experience will build upon the efforts you’ve already made. What do you do after the sale? How do you maintain this relationship? How do you encourage the momentum?
It’s around these three experiences that you should focus intentional effort in order to maintain a great brand image. You must have good quality feedback from your customers in all three experiences. With feedback, you tailor the process, you refine the product, you tweak the delivery, all in order to better serve your customers.
Mindset for ChangeThe last thing to consider is the mindset for change. This is active in two ways simultaneously.
1. Always be willing to change. Your customers will tell you that they want different things. It may be obvious, or it may be subtle. If you’re not in a mindset for change, you will never grow into the business they want you to be.
2. Always be hungry for change. When people are hungry, they find food. Always be in a rhythm to be hungry for growth. What can I do to make it better today? The generation behind you will innovate faster than you if you let off the gas. Perhaps they will end up not necessarily giving a better product but serving the clients better, which will pull business away from you even if you have a better product.
In summary, a great brand image should be present